Advanced Search
 Monogram Search
 Browse by Artist
 Browse Signatures
 Art pictures
 Artist signatures
 Art Forum
 Art Links
 Submit your site
 Auction Calendar
 E Store

| More
Findartinfo member login
Register Now
Forgot Password
Change Password

Home | Profile | Login | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username: Password:  
Save Password
 All Forums
 Art Forum
 Gainsborough Picture Repair Putty or similar in UK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Junior Member

United Kingdom
170 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  15:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have some restoration projects to do, oil paintings with tears and losses. I am a novice, only on my second life time patch repair, but have a good hand. I watched videos by the experts, and have concluded I really need a product called Gainsborough Picture Repair Putty, or something similar.

I have been searching for available stockists in the UK, it is not something found on eBay or Amazon. There is only one stockist (Lion) I can find in the UK for Gainsborough putty. So have been looking to find more easily accessible alternative products to this brand or supplier.

After several dozen opened browser tabs, and no luck finding anything else close to what I am looking for, I was wondering which filler products the more experienced folks on this forum use?

Thanks - Brooks.

Edited by - Brooks on Feb 05 2019 20:53:19
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Ask About Art © Findartinfo.com Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05