New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marina

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2019 :  10:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Are there any mods or admin here in the forum that I can contact? Thanks!

Vietato
Gold Member

Denmark
1912 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2019 :  11:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The forum doesn't have moderators. You can try to contact the site owner/administrator through the e-mail address in the "footer" of this page. It is
contact@findartinfo.com

Regards,
Vietato

I am webmaster on this - it is NOT my site: Art Talk - Lectures about art

Edited by - Vietato on Nov 07 2019 11:32:57
Go to Top of Page

Marina

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2019 :  13:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply Vietato. I have tried via the contact email a number of times during the past few months with no response. Others have tried as well with no joy. Some have also tried to sign up to the forum and receive no confirmation response. I thought at first that the lights were on but no one was home, however, there are some new members that have signed up recently so this seems very odd. It's as though there is a secret passage or code word to be allowed in. ;) I could not sign in either as I had lost my password but finally managed to find it on an old hard drive from a dead PC.

Regards,
~M~
Go to Top of Page

Vietato
Gold Member

Denmark
1912 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2019 :  13:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have also heard from people not being able to sign up for the forum and not receiving replies to their e-mails. Some have also paid for access to the database without being able to do so.

The site is not maintained and account information is not secure. I don't expect any warning when the site goes off the air, and have long ago recommended that forum members find new pastures.

The forum at BidtoArt is a possibility (see below my signature). I am quite alone answering questions there for now.

Regards,
Vietato

Edited by - Vietato on Nov 07 2019 14:01:28
Go to Top of Page

Marina

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  09:33:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Vietato. I realize that all things come to an end eventually. Unfortunately when these type of forums shut down all the knowledge, research and valuable insight disappears. Time well wasted I suppose. ;) IIRC I tried to contact you via your e-store before I located my password. Will check out your site. Have a great day!

Edit: Format

Edited by - Marina on Nov 08 2019 12:23:12
Go to Top of Page

Vietato
Gold Member

Denmark
1912 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  10:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I replied to your request to my e-store (which is hidden, since I can't delete it - don't know how you found it!) a couple of weeks later, but you didn't receive it? I replied from an ordinary e-mail account. I am not checking my e-store, since it is inactive - it was a rare chance that I saw your message.

Regards,
Vietato

Go to Top of Page

Marina

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  12:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Don't know how you found it!" aha...I have my ways. ;) I found it via the link in your post in the sticky at the top of the forum. No I didn't receive it...possibly ended up in my junk folder and I inadvertently deleted it when I did a sweep. A belated thanks for replying.

Edit:Seems the server is down on your site.

Edited by - Marina on Nov 08 2019 12:41:29
Go to Top of Page

arb

Netherlands
774 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  12:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a receipt from my bank once in the name of a Le Pham Nguyen, for some payment I made to this site. It did not deliver the signatures I was promised. It is to be feared we are on a ghost train here with neither driver nor ticket controller. It does charge fares, but will not get you anywhere...
Go to Top of Page

Marina

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  15:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Le Pham Nguyen/I am Pham Nyguyen. Has the site perhaps been taken over by a Vietamese company? The findartinfo twitter page hasn't had any updates since April. It states that it is an art dealer in the US since 1991, initially as La Cimaise Gallery [according to this https://www.ebay.ca/str/gbfineart this gallery was apparently located in Toronto] There is a link on the side of their twitter to Vietnam twitter. whois findartinfo has it registered in Arizona. Very confusing.

arb - haha...saintluc said the same only it was a ship with no one at the wheel.
Go to Top of Page

arb

Netherlands
774 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2019 :  06:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marina, I did in fact contemplate making the orphanage comparison. But then I thought of how it would depress our sensitive artistic souls ...

:)
Go to Top of Page

Marina

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2019 :  10:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
arb, I don't understand the orphanage reference. Although sometimes I'm a wee bit daft.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Ask About Art © Findartinfo.com Go To Top Of Page